Circuit Reverse Engineering Specialist
Join a growing team of industry experts in semiconductor Intellectual Property and reverse engineering services. ICmasters is currently looking to add to our team of circuit reverse engineers. Your day-to-day role will include analyzing state-of-the-art ICs using our suite of sophisticated EDA tools to reverse engineer circuit schematics, and working closely with our Intellectual Property team to document evidence of use of patent infringement for our global clientele.
- Reverse engineer circuit schematics relevant to assigned client projects using ICmasters’ suite of specialized EDA tools
- Document evidence of use found during circuit schematic analysis to build patent claim charts
- Assist the IP team in their activities including patent mining, patent landscaping, and matching patents to products
- Assist with quoting new client projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field (e.g. Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering)
- 5+ years’ experience in analog circuit design (e.g. RF, power electronics, analog signal processing)
- An understanding of current semiconductor manufacturing techniques and processes
- A firm grasp of contemporary layout techniques, both manual and automated (i.e. analog and digital circuits)
- Ability to recognize low-level passive and active electronic devices as they are implemented in physical layout, such as resistors, transistors, diodes, inductors, etc.
- Ability to recognize inter-layer and cross-layer interconnecting material, and how it interfaces with electronic devices in layout
- Ability to recognize higher-level structures composed of such devices and interconnect, such as operational amplifiers, voltage references, VCOs, etc.
- Ability to recognize mixed-signal circuits in layout (e.g. ADC) and to decode digital circuitry from layout images
- Ability to intelligently present your understanding of low-level circuitry in organized, hierarchical blocks for easier comprehension of the circuitry by other people
- Experience working with industry-standard circuit EDA tools (e.g. Cadence)
- Knowledge of verilog and VHDL
- Further consideration will be given to candidates with existing circuit reverse engineering experience or experience working with patents (e.g. patent prosecution or litigation support)
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com
Please note that only those candidates whose resumes are retained for further consideration will be contacted.